Treatment for Gastritis
Before we get into a treatment for gastritis—that is an all natural Homeopathy treatment for gastritis, let’s explore a more in-depth understanding of how gastritis comes about. We will start with a definition for both gastritis and the stomach, their nature, and the various types of gastritis (including some attributes and symptoms).
Gastritis and The Stomach Defined
The inflammation of the mucosa or the stomach lining is defined as Gastritis. A hollow muscular organ located in the upper left quadrant of the abdomen is called the stomach—a part of the digestive system. Connected to the esophagus Is the top part of the stomach, and the lower part of the stomach is attached to the duodenum. Lined with several layers of different tissues is the stomach wall. From the exterior to the interior are the layers—are serosa, mucosa, sub mucosa, and muscularis externa. A part of the peritoneum is the Serosa which is the outermost layer of the epithelial and connective tissue. The muscular is the externa next layer, that helps in mixing the food, churning, and propelling it towards the intestines by relaxing and contracting. The sub mucosa layer contains the lymphatics, the nerves, and the blood vessels. The mucosa, or the inner most layer, is a soft, smooth surfaced layer that contains gastric pits and gastric glands that have various cells that produce mucus (an enzyme named pepsinogen, hydrochloric acid and the gastric intrinsic factor which helps in absorbing vitamin B12). The mucus protects the stomach tissue from being damaged, eaten away, or corroded by its digestive secretions. The hydrochloric acid activates pepsinogen into pepsin to help in digesting proteins and kills micro organisms swallowed along with food.
Many factors expose the stomach tissue to harm by the strong acidic stomach secretions and disrupts the protective mucus barrier of the stomach resulting in the inflammation of the stomach lining or the mucosa and this is called gastritis.
The Nature and Types of Gastritis
Gastritis may be short term or acute or long term and chronic in nature. It can also be erosive or nonerosive. Only the stomach lining is inflamed in nonerosive gastritis. The mucus lining erodes, in erosive gastritis, which leads to ulcers, sores, or breaks in the stomach lining. When the gastric gland cells are destroyed due to long term inflammation and replaced by fibrous and intestinal tissue this is known as atrophic gastritis—and leads to the impairment of the production of pepsin, hydrochloric acid, and gastric intrinsic factor. Atrophic gastritis is either autoimmune in origin or the result of long term Helicobacter pylori infection.
Causes and Symptoms of Gastritis
Various factors can cause inflammation of the stomach and can lead to gastritis. The primary causes of Gastritis are a high alcohol consumption, injuries, Helicobacter pylori infection, excessive use of certain painkillers, excessive use of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. Other factors for gastritis include smoking, stress, burns, and Crohn’s disease. A person suffering from autoimmune disorders like Type 1 diabetes and Hashimoto’s disease are prone to gastritis. Gastritis can cause ulcers and can increase the risk of developing cancer. For a full recovery, an early diagnosis is important.
Please Note: To purchase any of the medicines listed below, click on the names of the medicine below and it will re-direct you to a vendor. If you have any questions about any of the causes of Gastritis , or the homeopathic medicines listed below for Gastritis or have any feedback about Gastritis that you’d like to share for the treatment of Gastritis, that you have tried out or any other questions about homeopathy Medicines for Gastritis , please feel free to leave your feedback, comments or questions below. I plan to look at all your comments and or questions and provide a response shortly. Hopefully, within 24 hours, if not sooner.
Common symptoms and signs of gastritis include but is not limited to pain (a dull, aching discomfort, could be sharp, shooting pains that seem to gnaw at their insides in the upper mid abdomen (or upset stomach) that may be aching, gnawing, burning, distention or fullness (or bloating) of the stomach after eating, vomiting, nausea, anemia, belching, and loss of appetite. Sometimes, there are no symptoms.
Homeopathy Treatment for Gastritis
Because gastritis conditions are easy to treat, Homeopathic treatment for gastritis is very effective. These medicines help to reduce the inflammation of the stomach lining and the symptoms that arise.
Homeopathy medicines are selected for each individual case; as per the presentation of symptoms. Homeopathic treatment for gastritis is very helpful for both long standing and short term gastritis. When started early, homeopathic treatment for gastritis is quite effective in preventing the development of ulcers and sores in the stomach lining. The Top-5 homeopathic medicines for gastritis are, Argentum Nitricum, Arsenic Album, Bismuth, Lycopodium, and Phosphorus.
Top-5 Homeopathic Medicines for Gastritis
- Argentum Nitricum—is an excellent homeopathic treatment for gastritis. Especially, helps those suffering from gastritis caused by chronic alcohol intake. Primary symptoms include belching, pain in the stomach which radiates to all parts of the abdomen. This pain may be constricting or burning in nature and gnawing. Distension of the abdomen may also occur. Argentum Nitricum also treat ulcers in the stomach.
- Arsenic Album—is one of the top homeopathic medicines for gastritis. Symptoms include a burning pain in the stomach due to gastritis, exhaustion, weakness, weight loss, and intense anxiety. Ingesting even a little drink or food worsens the pain. Drinking or eating something warm may bring relief. Cold and acidic things worsen the burning and pain.
- Bismuth – is another top homeopathic medicine for gastritis. In cases of gastritis where cold drinks bring relief to the symptoms Bismuth works well. By drinking something cold, the burning in the stomach is relieved. Bending backward can bring a little relief to the pain. There is a sensation of pressure and heavy load on the stomach also a pain in the area around the stomach. Too. an inability to retain fluids in the stomach they are vomited as soon as it reaches the stomach. Along with this, weakness and vertigo arise.
- Lycopodium—is another one of the top homeopathic medicines for gastritis in cases where fullness of the abdomen is a leading symptom. Eating tiny quantities of food can also lead to distention and fullness of the stomach. Burning and gnawing or constrictive pain is in the stomach, as well. Where the pain may get better on rubbing. Sour belching and Nausea may also be present and the loss of appetite.
- Phosphorus—is an excellent homeopathic treatment for gastritis. Gastritis, accompanied by vomiting and nausea are the main symptoms for the use of Phosphorus. In most cases, the patient throws up food by the mouthful. There is a soreness in the pit of the stomach and constant nausea. Heartburn and water brash are other symptoms that may arise. Some patients also complain of sour and bitter belching.
Yes, I like to drink from the True Health Well of Homeopathy and enjoy life’s journeys free from Gastritis with a Homeopathy approach to the treatment for Gastritis. If you or someone you know would like to do the same, meet me at my well for homeopathy medicines for Gastritis and start the healing process. If you have any questions about any of the causes of Gastritis , or the homeopathic medicines listed below for Gastritis or have any feedback about Gastritis that you’d like to share for the treatment of Gastritis, that you have tried out or any other questions about homeopathy Medicines for Gastritis , please feel free to leave your feedback, comments or questions below. I plan to look at all your comments and or questions and provide a response shortly. Hopefully, within 24 hours, if not sooner. If you just want to chat about Homeopathy (from your / my perspective), please feel free to contact me at my email below. Until then, enjoy the True Health Well experience.
Btw, since the homeopathy medicines are so affordable, here’s an ice tea on me!
Founder, True Health Well
Visit Us at: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please consult a professional medical doctor or physician (for people) or a veterinarian (for pets) to treat conditions that are life-threatening or more serious. I’m not a doctor or homeopath; therefore, I can not give you medical advice. Please consult a Homeopath for more medical treatment or advise on Homeopathy medicines
*Homeopathic remedies are generally safe, and the risk of a serious adverse side effect arising from taking these remedies is thought to be slim to none. Most (if not all) homeopathic remedies are safe to take with other medicines including their own and do not usually interfere with the action of other medicines. So, they can be taken with other medicines.